With legislators going ahead with a proposed law that will permit euthanasia for children, Jessica Saba decided with her family to make a video saying, “Please do not sign the Euthanasia Law, for the sake of the children.”
It pains one to see the disposal of children without voices; now we see the same with children with voices. My friends in faith, we will be judged by our love, by what we did to protect those who are most vulnerable and most in need of protection.
Perhaps many will have no other option than to pray and to pray hard for the hearts of lawmakers and the fate of these children. For all those who can do more, we must do more, much more.
Plea From A Child To A King: Stop Child Euthanasia
“Saba was born in Montreal in May 2009 with a severe heart deformity consisting of a completely blocked valve and an underdeveloped ventricle. She would likely have died after a few hours had she not undergone a series of heart operations at Montreal Children’s Hospital.
The surgeries were able to unblock Saba’s heart valve after six days, and her defective ventricle gradually began to develop. The girl’s parents argue that if she had been born in a country that permitted the euthanasia of children, she could have been killed.
The Belgian Senate recently passed a bill that would extend euthanasia to terminally ill children and dementia patients.
Legal euthanasia in Belgium began in 2002 for suffering patients of at least 18 years of age who are mentally sound and give their consent. In December 2013, the country recorded its first case of euthanasia for individuals who were not suffering from a terminal illness, but was going blind… (Read more from CNA)”
- Litany Of The Blessed Virgin Mary, Mother Of LifeThe demands on the lives of couples who practice natural family planning can seem very overwhelming at times. Every Catholic couple who is serious enough about their love for our Lord to follow the Church’s teaching on contraception understands this intimately. The roller coaster ride that NFP can be for some couples can create stress, […]
- 6 Social Graces Every Modern Gentleman Should KnowIdeals of gentlemanly behavior have undergone quite a revival lately – in articles, videos, and guidebooks, which continue to issue forth from the presses and Internet. Much of the advice is obvious. A gentleman should be respectful and courteous but also strong. He should know the basics of proper grooming, dress, table manners, and behavior […]
- What Is The Second Vatican Council? And, Why Did It Create Controversy?A New Ecumenical Council On January 25, 1959, Pope St. John XXIII took the world by surprise by calling a new ecumenical council of the universal Church. We now know this council as the Second Vatican Council (Vatican II), so called because it was held in Vatican City. An ecumenical council can be called and […]
- What Most People Don’t Understand About The Last RitesRelated content: What Is The Anointing Of The Sick? 4 Videos To Help Understand This Sacrament These 4 Videos About Death Will Help You Understand that Life is Short Why Won’t The Church Allow For Gluten-Free Hosts? Don’t They Care About People With Celiac’s? 15 Things People Who Don’t Understand Catholicism Love To Say What’s […]
- What You Need To Know About Private RevelationsRelated content: 2 Startling Revelations In The Our Father You’ve Probably Overlooked For Years! When You Pray, You Have A Private Meeting With The Creator Of The Universe An Answer To The Most Asked Question In Human History 13th of the Month: What You Need To Know About Gaining a Fatima Indulgence Mass Is Always […]