With legislators going ahead with a proposed law that will permit euthanasia for children, Jessica Saba decided with her family to make a video saying, “Please do not sign the Euthanasia Law, for the sake of the children.”
It pains one to see the disposal of children without voices; now we see the same with children with voices. My friends in faith, we will be judged by our love, by what we did to protect those who are most vulnerable and most in need of protection.
Perhaps many will have no other option than to pray and to pray hard for the hearts of lawmakers and the fate of these children. For all those who can do more, we must do more, much more.
Plea From A Child To A King: Stop Child Euthanasia
“Saba was born in Montreal in May 2009 with a severe heart deformity consisting of a completely blocked valve and an underdeveloped ventricle. She would likely have died after a few hours had she not undergone a series of heart operations at Montreal Children’s Hospital.
The surgeries were able to unblock Saba’s heart valve after six days, and her defective ventricle gradually began to develop. The girl’s parents argue that if she had been born in a country that permitted the euthanasia of children, she could have been killed.
The Belgian Senate recently passed a bill that would extend euthanasia to terminally ill children and dementia patients.
Legal euthanasia in Belgium began in 2002 for suffering patients of at least 18 years of age who are mentally sound and give their consent. In December 2013, the country recorded its first case of euthanasia for individuals who were not suffering from a terminal illness, but was going blind… (Read more from CNA)”
- Jesus, The Master Psychologist: Unworthy Of Self-Worth?So you also, when you have done all that is commanded you, say, “We are unworthy servants.” — Luke 17:10 What grade would Jesus receive in a college counseling class today? Would He even pass? To counsel someone to call himself an “unworthy servant” would be asking for an F, as it would collide headlong […]
- August Is Devoted To The Immaculate Heart Of Mary | Mark Your Calendar!Did you know that each month has a traditional Catholic devotion? This year, let’s focus on each devotion month-by-month to grow in our faith and traditions! Make yourself notes, write it on your calendar, and pray a specific prayer each day of the month to remember. You could use a prayer already associated with the […]
- 4 Reasons Not To Give Up On NFP When It Gets HardLet’s face it. As wonderful as the idea of Natural Family Planning (NFP) can sound, the reality for many couples can be far from that beautiful ideal. A common thread amongst frustrated couples trudging their way through the trenches of NFP is that the reality of following the Church teaching against contraception can be far […]
- 4 Olympic Athletes Who Ask The Blessed Mother For HelpBy now, you’ve probably been drawn into the competition, the passion, and the excitement of the Summer Olympics taking place in Toyko. The athletes are an inspiration to all as they give everything they have to the sport that they have spent many hours perfecting. Most of these men and women depend on trainers, coaches, […]
- 3 Ways To Grow In Chastity Before MarriageChaste dating is no walk in the park, but it is possible. We’ve been in relationships in the past that were unchaste and ended very badly. When we started courting, we didn’t want to repeat the same habits from our past relationships, so we had to do things differently. But even so, this was not […]