With legislators going ahead with a proposed law that will permit euthanasia for children, Jessica Saba decided with her family to make a video saying, “Please do not sign the Euthanasia Law, for the sake of the children.”
It pains one to see the disposal of children without voices; now we see the same with children with voices. My friends in faith, we will be judged by our love, by what we did to protect those who are most vulnerable and most in need of protection.
Perhaps many will have no other option than to pray and to pray hard for the hearts of lawmakers and the fate of these children. For all those who can do more, we must do more, much more.
Plea From A Child To A King: Stop Child Euthanasia
“Saba was born in Montreal in May 2009 with a severe heart deformity consisting of a completely blocked valve and an underdeveloped ventricle. She would likely have died after a few hours had she not undergone a series of heart operations at Montreal Children’s Hospital.
The surgeries were able to unblock Saba’s heart valve after six days, and her defective ventricle gradually began to develop. The girl’s parents argue that if she had been born in a country that permitted the euthanasia of children, she could have been killed.
The Belgian Senate recently passed a bill that would extend euthanasia to terminally ill children and dementia patients.
Legal euthanasia in Belgium began in 2002 for suffering patients of at least 18 years of age who are mentally sound and give their consent. In December 2013, the country recorded its first case of euthanasia for individuals who were not suffering from a terminal illness, but was going blind… (Read more from CNA)”
- 2nd Sunday Of Advent: The Purpose Of Fasting And SacrificeGospel of Matthew 9:35-10 Jesus went around to all the towns and villages,teaching in their synagogues,proclaiming the Gospel of the Kingdom,and curing every disease and illness. At the sight of the crowds, his heart was moved with pity for thembecause they were troubled and abandoned,like sheep without a shepherd.Then he said to his disciples,“The harvest is […]
- How To Pray Without Ceasing In The Midst Of ChaosThe Bible says to pray without ceasing, yet how many of us go hours without so much as giving a thought to prayer? In today’s world, it is hard for us to even fathom how it could be possible for us to follow this command. Saint Basil tells us how: “This is how you Pray […]
- How Are Catholics Portrayed In “The Wonder” On Netflix?The Emma Donoghue novel The Wonder is the inspiration behind Netflix’s recent release of the same name. Set in 1962, on the heels of the Irish Famine, a young girl named Anna has drawn the attention of the town and other devoted miracle seekers. From her 13th birthday to the opening scenes of the film, Anna had gone 3 […]
- Why Are Saturdays Devoted To The Blessed Mother?In the third apparition at Fatima, the Blessed Mother told the little seers that, to save souls and avert war, she came to request not just the praying of the Rosary and consecration to her Immaculate Heart, but a “Communion of reparation” on the first Saturdays of the month. In 1925, in a later vision […]
- Movie Review: I Heard The BellsChurch bells will soon be summoning worshippers on Christmas Eve and Day. All types of believers will fill church pews for one of the holiest days of the Christian year. Some will be regulars, others occasional, and some will be those who attend only on Christmas and Easter. Each believer will bring their own unique experiences and past […]