Well, when you ask Alexa if she’s Catholic, she will typically reply, “Sorry, I’m not sure,” but I have my suspicions that she might be Catholic.
There was recently a hoax in which comedian Steve Crowder upset several conservative news outlets and Christians when he posted a video claiming that Alexa would respond to the question “Who is the Lord Jesus Christ?” by saying that “Jesus Christ is a fictional character.” However, this turned out to be fake news, and though Alexa might not be baptized, she does offer some nice features for Catholics.
*The links on this page are Amazon Affiliate links. By making a purchase through these links, you help the ministry of Catholic-Link at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
4. Mass Times (for any city!)
5. Prayer Helper – Recites traditional Catholic prayers
6. Catholic Flash – Provides you with information from the Liturgical Calendar
10. Catholic Pickup Lines – just for fun, but it could be useful!
14. Sharing The Word – Daily Reflections from Franciscan Media
15. Audiobooks – There are several free, Catholic audiobooks available that Alexa will read aloud.
I’ve limited this list to just the Catholic skills that Alexa offers, but there are several Christian skills offered as well. In addition to the skills, we use Alexa to play Advent Hymns and Christian music. So, while she might not quite identify as Catholic, Alexa can be a very useful tool for the Catholic family!
Did you enjoy this post? Please share it!
Broken link? Typo? Please let us know. We love your feedback!
Thanks, we will fix ASAP