God come to my assistance, Lord make haste to help me. As I enter into prayer today, I will take a moment to acknowledge where I am in my physical and emotional space. I offer any suffering to Jesus through Mary’s Immaculate Heart. Lord come into my heart and mind and guide me through these meditations. Heal what needs to be healed and bring the light of your love into this moment. Amen.
Gospel Reading Matthew 9:25-10
Jesus went around to all the towns and villages,
teaching in their synagogues,
proclaiming the Gospel of the Kingdom,
and curing every disease and illness.
At the sight of the crowds, his heart was moved with pity for them
because they were troubled and abandoned,
like sheep without a shepherd.
Then he said to his disciples,
“The harvest is abundant but the laborers are few;
so ask the master of the harvest
to send out laborers for his harvest.”
Then he summoned his Twelve disciples
and gave them authority over unclean spirits to drive them out
and to cure every disease and every illness.
Jesus sent out these Twelve after instructing them thus,
“Go to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.
As you go, make this proclamation: ‘The Kingdom of heaven is at hand.’
Cure the sick, raise the dead,
cleanse lepers, drive out demons.
Without cost you have received; without cost you are to give.”
1. Meditation on Experience: What good do you feel called to do? How do you feel called to change the world?
Meditation on Scripture: Key passage: “Without cost you have received; without cost you are to give.”
2. Meditation on Experience: Are you afraid to answer the call? If you don’t step up, who will?
Meditation on Scripture: Key passage: “At the sight of the crowds, his heart was moved with pity for them because they were troubled and abandoned, like sheep without a shepherd.”
3. Meditation on Experience: Contemplate the great amount of grace you are given for this mission. Apart from grace, you can do nothing.
Meditation on Scripture: Key passage: “Then he summoned his Twelve disciples and gave them authority…”
Glory Be to the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit,
–Thank you Lord for the grace of this time together.
Through the intercession of our Blessed Mother, ever Virgin,
–hear my prayer, O Lord.
United with the prayers of All of the Angels and Saints.
–transfigure my life, O Lord.
Take, Lord, and receive all my liberty,
my memory, my understanding,
and my entire will,
All I have and call my own.
You have given all to me.
To you, Lord, I return it.
Everything is yours; do with it what you will.
Give me only your love and your grace,
that is enough for me.
Lord grant me the grace needed to fulfill your will for my life and overcome all obstacles that are placed in my path.
Our Father +Hail Mary
Post Meditation Advent Reflection
How was your meditations and prayer time?
Was it Dry. Was there consolation?
Do you need to talk further about your experience in prayer?
Do you have any questions?
- St. John Paul II And The Gospel of Life
- Can’t Go To The March For Life? 6 Things You Can Do To Stand For Life From Home
- 5 Inspiring Streaming Options Every Catholic Man Should Watch
- The Baptism Of The Lord: From The Jordan To Life In The Spirit
- How To Be A Better Person In 2021 (even if it still looks like 2020)