Today’s video is a sneak peek from a new series on the mystery and meaning of marriage called Beloved. Its message is clear enough, so I don’t feel the need to explain much.
As a simple note, I would like to point something that I think is fundamental if we truly want to change the cultural tide: The necessity of face-to-face testimony. This testimony can happen in a variety of ways. It might be a case where those who have been living the married life for a few years now have the courage and charity to speak to younger generations about marriage, sharing both their trials and joys. Or it could mean the smile and joy that married couples transmit in their day-to-day life.
Beloved: The Mystery and Meaning of Marriage
Check out this link:
Pope Francis speaks critically about how sometimes we seem to keep Jesus locked up in the sacristies, and how we fail to be a Church that takes him out the streets, to the existential boundaries. The same might be said for married couples too. Every Christian is called to be place, a heart, where others can find God. In today’s individualistic culture, seeing two people who live in true harmony necessarily raises some eyebrows. But that’s not enough! Take the next step to go and speak to your friends and co-workers about how you try to live your life. Be creative. Be respectful; but don’t keep your treasure locked away.
Let’s never forget: The Christian message, at its core, isn’t so much an institution to guard jealously as it is a love story to be shared. T
he political battle for the institution is certainly necessary and important, but it is not essential. It does not change hearts; only love can transform. Everyone, on the other hand, loves a story of love. Everyone is looking for love and if they see that you have it, they will want to know what’s different about you, where your joy and love come from. So go out and tell them!
Interested in learning more? Join us for a free online workshop!
Is An Annulment Just a Catholic Divorce?
6 Keys to Understanding Catholic Teaching In Our Upcoming Online Workshop!
What is the Challenge?
Annulments, some say it’s just “Catholic divorce.” Others believe that if you simply pay enough, the Church will “say” you were never married. But what is the truth? What, really, are annulments in the Catholic Church? What do they do? What’s the process? What did Pope Francis do a year or so ago that changed the process? And what effect does it have in my life?
What is the Online Workshop About?
In the Online Workshop we’re going to be discussing what for many people is a confusing topic: Marriage annulments. These are the points that Fr Bateman will explain:
• The Marriage bond – how it is contracted and what is required • What an annulment really says and does • Why the Church can “annul” non-Catholic marriages • What an annulment DOESN’T do • How the process works • How Pope Francis altered the process • Then we’ll have some time for your questions
- What Does Being Open To Life Really Mean?Open to life. We’ve all heard it, and for the most part, think we know what it means. For those who are outside the Church, or perhaps those Catholics who have done little more than get their feet wet in this beautiful thing we call Catholicism, the idea of being “open to life” sounds suffocating – […]
- Jesus, The Master Psychologist: Unworthy Of Self-Worth?So you also, when you have done all that is commanded you, say, “We are unworthy servants.” — Luke 17:10 What grade would Jesus receive in a college counseling class today? Would He even pass? To counsel someone to call himself an “unworthy servant” would be asking for an F, as it would collide headlong […]
- August Is Devoted To The Immaculate Heart Of Mary | Mark Your Calendar!Did you know that each month has a traditional Catholic devotion? This year, let’s focus on each devotion month-by-month to grow in our faith and traditions! Make yourself notes, write it on your calendar, and pray a specific prayer each day of the month to remember. You could use a prayer already associated with the […]
- 4 Reasons Not To Give Up On NFP When It Gets HardLet’s face it. As wonderful as the idea of Natural Family Planning (NFP) can sound, the reality for many couples can be far from that beautiful ideal. A common thread amongst frustrated couples trudging their way through the trenches of NFP is that the reality of following the Church teaching against contraception can be far […]
- 4 Olympic Athletes Who Ask The Blessed Mother For HelpBy now, you’ve probably been drawn into the competition, the passion, and the excitement of the Summer Olympics taking place in Toyko. The athletes are an inspiration to all as they give everything they have to the sport that they have spent many hours perfecting. Most of these men and women depend on trainers, coaches, […]