Today’s video is a sneak peek from a new series on the mystery and meaning of marriage called Beloved. Its message is clear enough, so I don’t feel the need to explain much.
As a simple note, I would like to point something that I think is fundamental if we truly want to change the cultural tide: The necessity of face-to-face testimony. This testimony can happen in a variety of ways. It might be a case where those who have been living the married life for a few years now have the courage and charity to speak to younger generations about marriage, sharing both their trials and joys. Or it could mean the smile and joy that married couples transmit in their day-to-day life.
Beloved: The Mystery and Meaning of Marriage
Check out this link:
Pope Francis speaks critically about how sometimes we seem to keep Jesus locked up in the sacristies, and how we fail to be a Church that takes him out the streets, to the existential boundaries. The same might be said for married couples too. Every Christian is called to be place, a heart, where others can find God. In today’s individualistic culture, seeing two people who live in true harmony necessarily raises some eyebrows. But that’s not enough! Take the next step to go and speak to your friends and co-workers about how you try to live your life. Be creative. Be respectful; but don’t keep your treasure locked away.
Let’s never forget: The Christian message, at its core, isn’t so much an institution to guard jealously as it is a love story to be shared. T
he political battle for the institution is certainly necessary and important, but it is not essential. It does not change hearts; only love can transform. Everyone, on the other hand, loves a story of love. Everyone is looking for love and if they see that you have it, they will want to know what’s different about you, where your joy and love come from. So go out and tell them!
Interested in learning more? Join us for a free online workshop!
Is An Annulment Just a Catholic Divorce?
6 Keys to Understanding Catholic Teaching In Our Upcoming Online Workshop!
What is the Challenge?
Annulments, some say it’s just “Catholic divorce.” Others believe that if you simply pay enough, the Church will “say” you were never married. But what is the truth? What, really, are annulments in the Catholic Church? What do they do? What’s the process? What did Pope Francis do a year or so ago that changed the process? And what effect does it have in my life?
What is the Online Workshop About?
In the Online Workshop we’re going to be discussing what for many people is a confusing topic: Marriage annulments. These are the points that Fr Bateman will explain:
• The Marriage bond – how it is contracted and what is required • What an annulment really says and does • Why the Church can “annul” non-Catholic marriages • What an annulment DOESN’T do • How the process works • How Pope Francis altered the process • Then we’ll have some time for your questions
- Pro-Life Strategy: Keep Focused, Stay On Target, Stick To The High RoadOn May 2, a friend texted me a news alert claiming that a leaked draft opinion from the Supreme Court showed that a majority of justices were prepared to overturn the infamous 1973 Roe v. Wade decision that created a national entitlement to abortion. I’ll admit that my first reaction was to roll my eyes […]
- The Importance Of The Theology Of Play For AdultsHave you ever noticed with amusement that when children are let loose in a big, empty field they will immediately start running around gleefully, inventing some game, playing tag, finding random sticks to use as swords—completely unprompted and with complete, joyous abandon. Where does that spontaneity, creative energy, and love for games go once we […]
- Thoughts And Prayers From The 13 Patron Saints Of World Youth Day Lisbon 2023World Youth Day will take place August 1-6, 2023 in Lisbon. The motto chosen from Luke 1:39, “Mary arose and went with haste,” is one that will speak to the hearts of the thousands of young people expected to join Pope Francis in prayer during this international faith gathering. Catholics are asked to begin interceding […]
- How To Throw A Baby Shower For The Blessed Mother: A Planning GuideCelebrate the Month of Mary Feast of the Annunciation by having a Baby Shower for the Blessed Virgin Mary! Invite the women you love to come over for an afternoon to honor and celebrate Mary and her Baby boy, Jesus! How To Host A Baby Shower For The Blessed Mother Here are some ideas to […]
- The Holy Souls In Purgatory – Our Allies In The AfterlifeThe word Purgatory comes from the Greek root πῦρ (“pur”) which means both “fire” and “pure.” This is a fitting description, as the fires of Purgatory, rather than destroying like the fires of Hell, instead purify. Purgatory is where we expiate for the pain due to mortal sins that have been forgiven through the sacrament […]