Today’s video is a sneak peek from a new series on the mystery and meaning of marriage called Beloved. Its message is clear enough, so I don’t feel the need to explain much.
As a simple note, I would like to point something that I think is fundamental if we truly want to change the cultural tide: The necessity of face-to-face testimony. This testimony can happen in a variety of ways. It might be a case where those who have been living the married life for a few years now have the courage and charity to speak to younger generations about marriage, sharing both their trials and joys. Or it could mean the smile and joy that married couples transmit in their day-to-day life.
Beloved: The Mystery and Meaning of Marriage
Check out this link:
Pope Francis speaks critically about how sometimes we seem to keep Jesus locked up in the sacristies, and how we fail to be a Church that takes him out the streets, to the existential boundaries. The same might be said for married couples too. Every Christian is called to be place, a heart, where others can find God. In today’s individualistic culture, seeing two people who live in true harmony necessarily raises some eyebrows. But that’s not enough! Take the next step to go and speak to your friends and co-workers about how you try to live your life. Be creative. Be respectful; but don’t keep your treasure locked away.
Let’s never forget: The Christian message, at its core, isn’t so much an institution to guard jealously as it is a love story to be shared. T
he political battle for the institution is certainly necessary and important, but it is not essential. It does not change hearts; only love can transform. Everyone, on the other hand, loves a story of love. Everyone is looking for love and if they see that you have it, they will want to know what’s different about you, where your joy and love come from. So go out and tell them!
Interested in learning more? Join us for a free online workshop!
Is An Annulment Just a Catholic Divorce?
6 Keys to Understanding Catholic Teaching In Our Upcoming Online Workshop!
What is the Challenge?
Annulments, some say it’s just “Catholic divorce.” Others believe that if you simply pay enough, the Church will “say” you were never married. But what is the truth? What, really, are annulments in the Catholic Church? What do they do? What’s the process? What did Pope Francis do a year or so ago that changed the process? And what effect does it have in my life?
What is the Online Workshop About?
In the Online Workshop we’re going to be discussing what for many people is a confusing topic: Marriage annulments. These are the points that Fr Bateman will explain:
• The Marriage bond – how it is contracted and what is required • What an annulment really says and does • Why the Church can “annul” non-Catholic marriages • What an annulment DOESN’T do • How the process works • How Pope Francis altered the process • Then we’ll have some time for your questions
- What I Wish I Knew About Dating A Non-CatholicThere are Catholics who marry Catholics and who live a wonderful life. There are Catholics who marry Catholics who end up in divorce. There are Catholics who marry non-Catholics who lose their faith. And there are Catholics who marry non-Catholics whose spouses convert and live happily ever after. All this is to say; every situation… Read more: What I Wish I Knew About Dating A Non-Catholic
- This Is Why You Should Pray For Your PriestFor many people, the priest is the one whom people go to for their spiritual needs, for prayer requests, for Mass offerings, and other sacraments. Have you ever wondered how a priest is sustained spiritually for the work they do? Should we be praying for a priest as we pray for other people, like our… Read more: This Is Why You Should Pray For Your Priest
- An Inside Look At What It’s Like To Film A Catholic Movie About A SaintOn one of the last chilly mornings of October, I received a text from a producer friend of mine, telling me that there was a an opportunity to be part of the crew for a film called “Triumph of the Heart.” For someone laying upside down on their bed, sponging fallen nutella off their sweatshirt… Read more: An Inside Look At What It’s Like To Film A Catholic Movie About A Saint
- 400-Year-Old Marian Prophecies About Our AgeIn our age of wars, transgenderism, abortion up till birth in various nations, natural and moral calamities and a host of other seemingly insurmountable problems, sometimes it looks as if the world has gone barking mad. Many of us remember times that were much more tranquil not so long ago. But take heart. Our Lady… Read more: 400-Year-Old Marian Prophecies About Our Age
- It’s Time For Catholics To Get Real About SexCatholic Sexual Teaching – An Invitation to Reality Lust and Counterfeit Sexuality We live in a throw-away society. Fast food and plastic plates — our culture is full of the cheap and easy. Unfortunately, this mentality bleeds into our sexuality. America is obsessed with sexual counterfeits. From the college hook-up culture to pornography to strip… Read more: It’s Time For Catholics To Get Real About Sex