If you’re like most people, you have spent more time preparing for your career than you have for your marriage.
We tend to dedicate years of education to get ready for our jobs, but when it comes to marriage most of us focus more on planning a wedding than investing the hours needed to prepare for the lifelong vocation of marriage.
Commit to your marriage today by becoming a student of the Sacrament of Holy Matrimony. Invest in good books, talk to couples who have lived this vocation to the fullest, and learn how to pray with your spouse.
We have found these Catholic books on marriage to be incredibly helpful for couples. Find one or two that appeal to you and consider finding time to read with your spouse. A few minutes before bed or first in the morning may be all it takes to bring more of God into this important relationship.
31 Catholic Marriage Books To Help Your Relationship
1.Three To Get Married by Bishop Fulton Sheen
2.The Good News About Sex And Marriage by Christopher West
4.By Love Refined: Letters To A Young Bride by Alice von Hildebrand
5. Men, Women, And The Mystery Of Love by Dr. Edward Sri
6.Holy Sex!: A Catholic Guide to Toe-Curling, Mind-Blowing, Infallible Loving by Gregory K Popcak
7. Sex Au Naturel: What It Is and Why It’s Good for Your Marriage by Patrick Coffin
8. Head & Heart: Becoming Spiritual Leaders for Your Family by Katie Warner
9. The 21 Undeniable Secrets of Marriage by Allen Hunt
10. Beloved And Blessed: Biblical Wisdom For Family Life by Kimberly Hahn
11. The Sinner’s Guide to Natural Family Planning by Simcha Fisher
12. The Choice Wine: 7 Steps To A Superabundant Marriage by Paradisus Dei
13. Three Secrets to Holiness in Marriage: A 33-Day Self-Guided Retreat for Catholic Couples by Dan and Amber DeMatte
14.Forever: A Catholic Devotional for Your Marriage by Jackie and Bobby Francois
15. Embracing God’s Plan for Marriage: A Bible Study for Couples by Mark and Melanie Hart
18.How To Heal Your Marriage: And Nurture Lasting Love by Gregory K. Popcak
19.Marriage: Small Steps, Big Rewards by Dr. Ray Guarendi
20.Your Love Story: A Guide to Engagement and Marriage by Deacon William Turrentine
21.The Four Keys To Everlasting Love by Karee Santos and Manuel P. Santos, M.D
22.These Beautiful Bones by Emily Stimpson Chapman
23.Marriage Insurance: 12 Rules to Live by Francis J. Hoffman
24. The Seven Levels of Intimacy by Matthew Kelly
25. Catholic Family Handbook: The Time-Tested Ways to Help You Strengthen Your Marriage and Raise Good Kids by Fr. Lawrence G. Lovasik
26. Joined by Grace: A Catholic Prayer Book for Engaged and Newly Married Couples by John and Teri Bosio
28. Spousal Prayer: A Way to Marital Happiness by James Keating
30. Holy Marriage, Happy Marriage: Faith-Filled Ways to a Better Relationship by Chris and Linda Padgett
31. The Marriage God Wants for You: Why the Sacrament Makes All the DIfference by Cardinal Donald Wuerl
Bonus: The 5 Love Languages by Gary Chapman is not a Catholic book, but an excellent resource for all marriages.
Another highly recommended resource is St. John Paul II’s Theology of the Body.
More Great Catholic Marriage Resources
Updated Catholic Marriage Book List
*Please add these newly released titles to your list of books on marriage for Catholics!
* These Amazon links are affiliate links which means your purchase will help the ministry of Catholic-Link at no additional cost to you! Thank you for your support.
Image credit: https://www.cathopic.com/img/575/