A young woman, a senior in high school, has become a mother. Rumors take flight; whispers abound. Loving, generous, humble… these precious words fail to appear on the tongues of many when speaking of this woman, as young as she is remarkable. Yes, this is a lesson in true beauty.
Is it invisible?
No, by no means. It is, however, above all, interior and manifests itself in only special moments: in a smile for another.
Forged in the fire of self-sacrifice, her heart was one disposed to welcome that of another. Perhaps she wasn’t looking for greatness, yet perhaps true greatness is knowing how to welcome what comes along with a generous and warm heart, more than something that we ourselves plan and aspire for. Maybe a key to greatness is learning to live according to plan that is not necessarily our own, perhaps God has different plans for our greatness?
What I find fascinating in this video are the aspects of beauty and happiness that seem to come alive in this “ordinary” woman in such an extraordinary way. It is in her love for her child, her love that arises and overflows as it gives life to a radiant smile.
You see, beauty doesn’t come from makeup, from photoshop, not even from genes (beauty in the deepest sense). It comes from a heart that has discovered its joy in the beauty of another. It is the beauty that not only shines but also changes; it transforms the world. It is the beauty of men and women and all those who have found their treasure in serving and giving themselves to others (see Mt 6:21).
Questions for Dialogue:
How would you react if you were in her situation? Do you too fall into making judgments without knowing the full story?
How do you conceive beauty and happiness? Where do you seek beauty and happiness in your life? Are you able to perceive the authentic beauty in a generous life, dedicated to others? Do you live in such a way?
My Beautiful Woman By Wacoal Thailand
- August Is Devoted To The Immaculate Heart Of Mary | Mark Your Calendar!Did you know that each month has a traditional Catholic devotion? This year, let’s focus on each devotion month-by-month to grow in our faith and traditions! Make yourself notes, write it on your calendar, and pray a specific prayer each day of the month to remember. You could use a prayer already associated with the […]
- 4 Reasons Not To Give Up On NFP When It Gets HardLet’s face it. As wonderful as the idea of Natural Family Planning (NFP) can sound, the reality for many couples can be far from that beautiful ideal. A common thread amongst frustrated couples trudging their way through the trenches of NFP is that the reality of following the Church teaching against contraception can be far […]
- 4 Olympic Athletes Who Ask The Blessed Mother For HelpBy now, you’ve probably been drawn into the competition, the passion, and the excitement of the Summer Olympics taking place in Toyko. The athletes are an inspiration to all as they give everything they have to the sport that they have spent many hours perfecting. Most of these men and women depend on trainers, coaches, […]
- 3 Ways To Grow In Chastity Before MarriageChaste dating is no walk in the park, but it is possible. We’ve been in relationships in the past that were unchaste and ended very badly. When we started courting, we didn’t want to repeat the same habits from our past relationships, so we had to do things differently. But even so, this was not […]
- 5 Women Saints Who Define True BeautyWomen are constantly bombarded with the culture’s ideas of beauty, but what if we chose to learn from the saints instead? Click the links below to dig deeper into the stories of these women saints and discover true beauty and goodness. 5 Saints Who Demonstrate True Beauty 1. St. Brigid of Kildare – “When she […]