A young woman, a senior in high school, has become a mother. Rumors take flight; whispers abound. Loving, generous, humble… these precious words fail to appear on the tongues of many when speaking of this woman, as young as she is remarkable. Yes, this is a lesson in true beauty.
Is it invisible?
No, by no means. It is, however, above all, interior and manifests itself in only special moments: in a smile for another.
Forged in the fire of self-sacrifice, her heart was one disposed to welcome that of another. Perhaps she wasn’t looking for greatness, yet perhaps true greatness is knowing how to welcome what comes along with a generous and warm heart, more than something that we ourselves plan and aspire for. Maybe a key to greatness is learning to live according to plan that is not necessarily our own, perhaps God has different plans for our greatness?
What I find fascinating in this video are the aspects of beauty and happiness that seem to come alive in this “ordinary” woman in such an extraordinary way. It is in her love for her child, her love that arises and overflows as it gives life to a radiant smile.
You see, beauty doesn’t come from makeup, from photoshop, not even from genes (beauty in the deepest sense). It comes from a heart that has discovered its joy in the beauty of another. It is the beauty that not only shines but also changes; it transforms the world. It is the beauty of men and women and all those who have found their treasure in serving and giving themselves to others (see Mt 6:21).
Questions for Dialogue:
How would you react if you were in her situation? Do you too fall into making judgments without knowing the full story?
How do you conceive beauty and happiness? Where do you seek beauty and happiness in your life? Are you able to perceive the authentic beauty in a generous life, dedicated to others? Do you live in such a way?
My Beautiful Woman By Wacoal Thailand
- A Guide To Virtual Natural Family Planning InstructorsNeed some help learning or relearning Natural Family Planning (NFP), Fertility Awareness Method (FAM), the Marquette Method, Boston Cross Check™, or the Billings Ovulation Method®? Here is a list of providers that offer virtual courses so that you can learn these methods (and more!) from the comfort of your own home. Virtual Natural Family Planning […]
- Roe v. Wade Overturned: Now The Hard Work BeginsThere is a lot to say and a tremendous amount of apologetic materials to discuss the issue of abortion. However, the gravity of today requires some comment. The Supreme Court has Aborted Roe v. Wade Today, June 24, 2022 is the Solemnity of the Sacred Heart of Jesus. How fitting then that the constitutional abomination […]
- Loki Is The MCU’s Best-Ever ProductionHow would you describe a typical production from the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU)? If we asked all of you that question, I’m sure the answer would be something along the lines of, “It’s action-packed and visually-entertaining, but it’s shallow and follows a familiar script.” There are exceptions to this rule (Infinity War is a great example), but that […]
- Animate Me With Your Spirit | Prayer To The Holy SpiritMark Me Dear Lord PRAYER FOR THE SEVEN GIFTS OF THE HOLY SPIRIT O Lord Jesus Christ, Who, before ascending into heaven, did promise to send the Holy Spirit to finish Your work in the souls of Your Apostles and Disciples, deign to grant the same Holy Spirit to me that He may perfect in […]
- Fr. Rob Galea Explores YouTubeThe University of St. Thomas-Houston MAX Studios, in partnership with the Word on Fire Institute, launched an innovative video series to demonstrate how to bring the light of the Gospel to the digital world. Harnessing the expertise of major Catholic influencers who evangelize effectively on social media platforms, each episode of the series, The New […]