Today’s video and post are intended to be a simple reminders of the beauty of God. The video features a young girl her pajamas who is totally excited about enjoying the rain for the first time. She doesn’t care about getting wet, getting sick, or falling down. She’s too lost in the joyful moment of expressing her unexpected, overwhelmed, and simple awe before the mystery which is rainfall.
The video led me to think about what an immense gift it is to be able to truly marvel before truly marvelous realities. I know that few of us have it, but we must learn to enjoy God’s gifts in these simple life experiences.
Most of us, unfortunately, have become accustomed, routinized, blinded by the “important” things in life. So today’s video is a gift for all of us who have lost sight of reality in all its depth, riches, and mystery.
Remember, God has chosen the simple to reveal himself: the manager, children, doves, bread, fish, seeds, the fields, donkeys, etc… Awe keeps us awake, alert, on our toes, like lights lit to receive time and time again the Spouse who comes to us in our lives. And, well, if you happen to wait in pajamas (like our young friend) who cares! What is important is that you wait with eyes open and the heart exposed.
1.) What are the simple things in life that cause you to feel this type of awe and joy? When was the last time you talk a moment to experience them again? Find time to laugh, dance, and sing some time this week. Allow your worries and concerns to take a back seat while you enjoy God’s goodness.
2.) Spend some time outside this week and don’t let the weather keep you from it! If it is sunny, remember the Son that God sent down to save us. If it is cold, think about the warmth of God’s love surrounding you. If it is snowing or raining, be reminded of the Holy Spirit falling upon you. Let God speak to you through the beauty of His creation. Remember, “There is no such thing as bad weather. All weather is good because it is God’s.”– Saint Teresa of Avila
3.) If you have children, take a moment to think of a new experience you could provide for them. Anything from trying an exotic fruit or taking a hike in a park you’ve never been to. Observe their excitement and awe. Remind them that these simple gifts from God are more valuable than any material thing that we could ever possess.
- An Answer To The Most Asked Question In Human HistoryRelated content: This Is An Example Of The Kind Of Love That Every Human Longs For This Interesting Animated Video Shows Human Life Summed Up in 1 Minute The One Question We Need to Ask Ourselves to Find What We’re Looking For Fr. Pontifex Answers the Question “Are Catholics Idol Worshipers?” with Powerful Spoken Word […]
- 30 Things Catholics Need For Spiritual SurvivalWhat Do Catholics Need For Spiritual Survival? A Crucifix in every room Rosary for every family member Pray the rosary daily Beeswax candles Holy Water frequently sprinkled and available for blessing St. Benedict medals worn and placed around one’s home and property, expecially over windows and doors The use of blessed salt Wearing of the […]
- The ABCs And 123s Of Catholic School SafetyWith the new school year in session nationwide, our Catholic Schools find themselves balancing the challenges of returning to a “normal” school year while remaining mindful of new instructional methods and ever-changing mask and distance mandates. Yet another challenge, however, lurks in the background, and it’s an overlooked casualty of the COVID-pandemic: when our schools […]
- What Was Said At The National Catholic Prayer Breakfast In Washington, DC?Jeff Cavins, Catholic Bible evangelist, and Most Reverend Steven J. Lopes the Bishop of the Personal Ordinariate of the Chair of Saint Peter had the opportunity to share some words of wisdom at the 2021 National Catholic Prayer Breakfast (NCPB) that was held on September 14 in Washington, DC. This event began in 2004 in […]
- 5 Ways For Catholic Teachers To Prepare For The School YearThe Catholic school teacher is called to plant and nurture seeds that will bear fruit during the school year. Today, I thought I’d share 5 tips on how to prepare for the upcoming school year. These are things I found particularly helpful from my teaching days. 5 Ways Catholic Teachers Can Prepare For The School […]