Traditionally, Catholics bless their home and those who live in their household on the Feast of the Epiphany each year. It’s not difficult to do and we highly recommend you give it a try! Here’s how.
What You’ll Need To Bless Your Home On The Epiphany
- Prayers – These can be found here.
- Chalk – You can bless it yourself or your parish may offer it. Find a blessing here.
- A doorway
- A ladder or chair
Prayers for the Epiphany Home Blessing
Lord God of heaven and earth,
you revealed your only-begotten Son to every nation
by the guidance of a star.
Bless this house
and all who inhabit it.
Fill them (us) with the light of Christ,
that their (our) concern for others may reflect your love.
We ask this through Christ our Lord.
The leader concludes the rite by signing himself or herself with the sign of the cross and saying:
May Christ Jesus dwell with us,
keep us from all harm,
and make us one in mind and heart,
now and forever.
Find all prayers here: http://www.usccb.org/prayer-and-worship/sacraments-and-sacramentals/sacramentals-blessings/objects/blessing-of-the-home-and-household-on-epiphany.cfmor here: http://familyfeastandferia.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/epiphanyceremony2019web.pdf
Meaning Of The Blessing 20 + C + M + B + 22
The letters C, M, B have two meanings. They are the initials of the traditional names of the three magi: Caspar, Melchior, and Balthazar. They also represent the Latin words “Christus mansionem benedicat” which means “May Christ bless the house.” The “+” signs symbolize the cross and the 20 and the 21 represent the year, 2022.
How To Bless Your Home For The Feast Of The Epiphany
- Christmas Symbols Everywhere Point To Jesus
- Family Issues? Don’t Let It Ruin Your Holidays (Here’s How!)
- Why Do These Nuns Spend Four Hours Of Every Day Singing? Sr. Gianna’s Beautiful Explanation
- What Do We Mean When We Say Scripture Is Divinely Inspired?
- 7 Things I Appreciated From “The Chosen” Season 3 Theatrical Release And 1 I Didn’t