In today’s video, 22-year-old film producer Brian Ivee undertakes a new documentary “The Drop Box.”
It recounts the story of a South Korean Pastor Lee Jongrak who decided to do something about the hundreds of unwanted babies that are abandoned on the streets of Seoul, South Korea, every year.
This is the trailer fo the full documentary that is projected to begin distribution later this year.
The Drop Box
A Deeper Look
As Christians, we are called to be sources of reconciliation and love in the society. Doing so requires three things: action, truth, and love to the extreme.
– Action: The fact that there are difficulties and injustice is no secret. Yet, too often we allow permit ourselves to rant and rave about society’s problems and never do much about them. Although we may not be the agents, our indifference, and apathy sure to provide a comfortable environment.
– Truth: The injustice and wrongdoings of this world must be denounced, even when it hurts or meets with disdain. It is impossible for a wound to heal if it is never uncovered and put under an acute exam.
– Love: If we are unwilling to go beyond the moral decrying, no significant change will take place. Even if a law is passed, a regulation modified, or so and so stops because of guilt; we have but touched the surface. The only source of authentic change is creative love. Love that responds not only with justice but with an overabundance of generosity.
This is what we discover in a man such as Pastor Jongrak when he says, “God, I will die for these children.” This conviction lived out in a radical way, has the power to change not only the laws but the hearts of others.
The greatest force of Christianity is not its “no” to evil, rather its radical “yes” to life. This yes, lived out to the extreme, to death if necessary, following the example of Christ on the Cross, is the one and only answer for authentic and profound transformation.
- Pro-Life Strategy: Keep Focused, Stay On Target, Stick To The High RoadOn May 2, a friend texted me a news alert claiming that a leaked draft opinion from the Supreme Court showed that a majority of justices were prepared to overturn the infamous 1973 Roe v. Wade decision that created a national entitlement to abortion. I’ll admit that my first reaction was to roll my eyes […]
- The Importance Of The Theology Of Play For AdultsHave you ever noticed with amusement that when children are let loose in a big, empty field they will immediately start running around gleefully, inventing some game, playing tag, finding random sticks to use as swords—completely unprompted and with complete, joyous abandon. Where does that spontaneity, creative energy, and love for games go once we […]
- Thoughts And Prayers From The 13 Patron Saints Of World Youth Day Lisbon 2023World Youth Day will take place August 1-6, 2023 in Lisbon. The motto chosen from Luke 1:39, “Mary arose and went with haste,” is one that will speak to the hearts of the thousands of young people expected to join Pope Francis in prayer during this international faith gathering. Catholics are asked to begin interceding […]
- How To Throw A Baby Shower For The Blessed Mother: A Planning GuideCelebrate the Month of Mary Feast of the Annunciation by having a Baby Shower for the Blessed Virgin Mary! Invite the women you love to come over for an afternoon to honor and celebrate Mary and her Baby boy, Jesus! How To Host A Baby Shower For The Blessed Mother Here are some ideas to […]
- The Holy Souls In Purgatory – Our Allies In The AfterlifeThe word Purgatory comes from the Greek root πῦρ (“pur”) which means both “fire” and “pure.” This is a fitting description, as the fires of Purgatory, rather than destroying like the fires of Hell, instead purify. Purgatory is where we expiate for the pain due to mortal sins that have been forgiven through the sacrament […]