The True Presence of Jesus in the Holy Eucharist in one of the greatest mysteries of our Catholic faith. It is something that can be very difficult for us to understand. How does what appears to be a piece of bread and a cup of wine become the Body and Blood of our Lord? Embracing this concept requires us to truly believe the words of Jesus, “Amen, amen I say unto you: Unless you eat the flesh of the Son of man and drink his blood, you shall not have life in you.” (John 6:56)
We are not alone when we don’t fully understand this mystery or when we begin to doubt the true presence of Christ in the Eucharist. “I believe, help my unbelief” is one prayer that will help you through this. Spending time in front of the Blessed Sacrament will also help you grow in your devotion to, understanding of, and desire for the Eucharist.
For centuries, people have been working to prove or disprove the presence of Christ in the Sacred Host. Though rare, there are recorded miracles of the Eucharist. This video from Cathlist, a new weekly Catholic list show from Ave Maria Radio available on YouTube, presents 6 Eucharistic miracles for us to consider.
1. Is it hard for you to understand that Jesus is present in the Eucharist?
2. Why do you think Jesus comes to us in this unrecognizable form? Why wouldn’t He make it more obvious to us that He is present?
3. What can you do to increase your belief in the Eucharist?
4. How do the Eucharistic miracles encourage you? Why do you think there are not more miracles of the Eucharist?
5. How does the Eucharist impact your life?
Did you enjoy this post? Please share it!
If you've spotted any spelling or typographical errors, please let us know.
Thanks, we will fix ASAP
You're signed up. Great to have you on board!