Are you ready for Advent? Before you know it, it will be here! This year, Advent begins on November 27 and will end Friday, December 24.
Take the time now to prepare a plan that will help you prepare the way for the birth of Our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. If you’re not intentional during this time, it will quickly pass you by. Our suggestion is to choose one thing from each list below to focus on this Advent. This will keep you busy doing the activities needed to make your heart ready to welcome and receive the Baby Jesus.
Daily Prayers, Devotionals, Or Emails
Hallow #Pray25: This Advent walk alongside Mary as you explore the virtues of Hope, Faith, and Joy. Finish the Advent journey with the “O’Antiphons” and invite Jesus to come into your life this Christmas!
Meaningful Ways To Celebrate With The Kids
Thousands of years ago the angels visited the shepherds and brought them good news. When the shepherds heard this good news, they set off on an epic journey to search for the newborn baby Jesus. Make this timeless story come alive with YOUR very own shepherd. His journey begins anew every Christmas season and ends on Christmas day as your shepherd finds his way to the manger.
Count Down The Days With An Advent Calendar
Advent Blocks make using an Advent calendar about more than just getting a chocolate treat while counting down the days until Santa comes. This unique family activity will help you count down the days until Jesus is born and keep the focus on the greatest story ever told! An extra bonus is that the blocks will reveal a secret message for Christmas. The Catholic-Link team had an opportunity to review this item and we were so impressed by the quality and attention to detail on these Advent Blocks. Make this a new family tradition and an heirloom that can be passed on for generations.
Pray Using An Advent Wreath Or Jesse Tree
Peace Advent Cross | Faith, Hope, Joy – A variation on the ancient tradition of the Advent wreath, this simple but elegant Peace Advent Cross helps you and your family observe the holy season while reflecting on the Advent themes of faith, hope, peace, and joy!
O Come, Emmanuel – Jesse Tree Guide
Books To Read For Advent
Advent Acts Of Service
Find a way to serve and share the joy of Christ this Advent! Here are a few suggestions:
- Bake cookies for neighbors who don’t have family and friends nearby.
- Donate clothes, food, and toys to those in need.
- Send Christmas cards to those in nursing homes, those who are in prison, or those serving in the military.
- Go Christmas Caroling and share the joy of Christ in your town!
- Pay for someone’s coffee or lunch when going through the drive-thru.
- Offer to babysit for a family that may not be able to regularly afford a babysitter.
- Give money to support local or worldwide missions. Check out MISSIO!
- Volunteer to help decorate and clean your church for Christmas.
- Text or call those who may be lonely or grieving this holiday season.
More Catholic-Link Advent Resources
*Catholic-Link uses Amazon Affiliate and other affiliate links. This helps our ministry at no additional cost to you! Thank you.