I’ll be the first to admit that integrating the Catholic faith into my everyday life isn’t always easy.
Okay, that’s an understatement. It’s far from easy. The number of things I have to do every day
can sometimes leave no room for God.
Did I just say that?
No room for God?
This is one of those moments when I am SO happy that I am not God.
But the truth is, is that it’s not that complicated, we just make it complicated.
My favorite saint of all time is St. Therese of Lisieux. And if St. Therese were alive and giving
me advice, I feel like she would remind me to make myself little. She would remind me that we
don’t have to do these grand gestures every moment of the day to prove our devotion to God. In
fact, she was all about interior surrender. Making herself little, knowing that God’s mercy shines
on the little ones. She would tell me to do little, simple things, but to put my heart into it.
She kept it simple, she had her “Little Way,” and I know that everyone can take something from
11 Ways To Integrate Faith Into Your Everyday Life
Click on each link below to take you to a resource that will help you live these things out in your daily life!
- Go to daily Mass
- Pray the rosary daily, or even just a decade
- If you cannot make it to Mass, read the daily readings and the reflection
- Pray the Liturgy of the Hours or even just part of it
- Say a prayer every time you see an ambulance or firetruck responding to a call
- Read a book about the saints or something to deepen your understanding about Catholicism
- Spend a few minutes with your Bible and a journal
- Every time you feel the urge to judge someone, pray a Hail Mary for them
- Take a few seconds throughout the day to thank God for the sun, a pretty flower you see, or
even just the shelter you have.
- Help someone.
- Whatever you do, do it with love.