A few days ago I finished reading “Inner Peace” by Jacques Philippe. It is a brief spiritual book written in a simple language and filled with beautiful teachings about cultivating spiritual peace in our Christian life. The book goes over several actions and situations concerning ourselves or others that make us lose our inner peace: for example when we lose peace because we do not accept our past or because we don’t like the way we are or the way others are etc. It also offers reflections and practical advice to maintain peace in various situations.
Among the different pieces of advice I found particularly compelling and useful, those of a certain theme stood out: The problem of lost inner peace due to our own sins. Who hasn’t experienced this? When we sin we feel guilty for our actions and that is something healthy; however, it is not infrequent that the feeling of guilt transforms into remorse and anxiety that have little or nothing to do with the merciful God whom we believe in. For this reason I would like to go over 11 of the various suggestions that the book offers in facing our own sins as God commands.
If you would like to buy the book, you may find here (affiliate link): Searching for and Maintaining Peace: A Small Treatise on Peace of Heart
(Make sure you click on the arrows next to the numbers to vote for your favorites!)
- How To Explain The Eucharist To A ChildSomething special is going on in our country right now. I love it! The entire United States is in the midst of a three-year Eucharistic Revival. Think of the long-term impact! What a beautiful time in our Catholic Church for all its members – the oldest all the way to our youngest. Personally, I am […]
- Planning An Intentional Summer With The Messy Family ProjectSummer is coming on fast and that means more time with your kids, more time outside, more family time…basically more time! More time together is great in theory, but when we come to it without planning, we can find ourselves sitting around watching a show or listening to the kids bicker. This summer, we need […]
- How The New Peacock Film “Shooting Stars” Teaches Us To Aim For Heaven“Shooting Stars,” the new biopic film about NBA legend Lebron James released on the streaming platform Peacock on June 2nd. I’m not an avid NBA watcher. I typically only watch games if my home team the Milwaukee Bucks are in the playoffs. Nevertheless, I would be able to recite some of the most famous NBA […]
- You Don’t Need To Be Afraid Of The Latin MassHave you ever noticed how much buzz there is around the Mass that uses the Missal of 1962, commonly referred to as the Traditional Latin Mass (TLM)? I mean, if you’re into Catholic Twitter, YouTube, or any other social media, you can’t miss it. It seems to dominate a big chunk of the conversation, doesn’t […]
- 7 Principles Of Catholic EducationAs the school year winds down, Catholic school teachers – heroic leaders that they are – are already planning to make next year even better. Novice teachers have realized how much they themselves have yet to learn, and are looking for new tools and techniques. Experienced teachers will not be searching so much for new […]