A few days ago I finished reading “Inner Peace” by Jacques Philippe. It is a brief spiritual book written in a simple language and filled with beautiful teachings about cultivating spiritual peace in our Christian life. The book goes over several actions and situations concerning ourselves or others that make us lose our inner peace: for example when we lose peace because we do not accept our past or because we don’t like the way we are or the way others are etc. It also offers reflections and practical advice to maintain peace in various situations.
Among the different pieces of advice I found particularly compelling and useful, those of a certain theme stood out: The problem of lost inner peace due to our own sins. Who hasn’t experienced this? When we sin we feel guilty for our actions and that is something healthy; however, it is not infrequent that the feeling of guilt transforms into remorse and anxiety that have little or nothing to do with the merciful God whom we believe in. For this reason I would like to go over 11 of the various suggestions that the book offers in facing our own sins as God commands.
If you would like to buy the book, you may find here (affiliate link): Searching for and Maintaining Peace: A Small Treatise on Peace of Heart
(Make sure you click on the arrows next to the numbers to vote for your favorites!)
- A Guide To Virtual Natural Family Planning InstructorsNeed some help learning or relearning Natural Family Planning (NFP), Fertility Awareness Method (FAM), the Marquette Method, Boston Cross Check™, or the Billings Ovulation Method®? Here is a list of providers that offer virtual courses so that you can learn these methods (and more!) from the comfort of your own home. Virtual Natural Family Planning […]
- Roe v. Wade Overturned: Now The Hard Work BeginsThere is a lot to say and a tremendous amount of apologetic materials to discuss the issue of abortion. However, the gravity of today requires some comment. The Supreme Court has Aborted Roe v. Wade Today, June 24, 2022 is the Solemnity of the Sacred Heart of Jesus. How fitting then that the constitutional abomination […]
- Loki Is The MCU’s Best-Ever ProductionHow would you describe a typical production from the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU)? If we asked all of you that question, I’m sure the answer would be something along the lines of, “It’s action-packed and visually-entertaining, but it’s shallow and follows a familiar script.” There are exceptions to this rule (Infinity War is a great example), but that […]
- Animate Me With Your Spirit | Prayer To The Holy SpiritMark Me Dear Lord PRAYER FOR THE SEVEN GIFTS OF THE HOLY SPIRIT O Lord Jesus Christ, Who, before ascending into heaven, did promise to send the Holy Spirit to finish Your work in the souls of Your Apostles and Disciples, deign to grant the same Holy Spirit to me that He may perfect in […]
- Fr. Rob Galea Explores YouTubeThe University of St. Thomas-Houston MAX Studios, in partnership with the Word on Fire Institute, launched an innovative video series to demonstrate how to bring the light of the Gospel to the digital world. Harnessing the expertise of major Catholic influencers who evangelize effectively on social media platforms, each episode of the series, The New […]