Thank you, Chris Pratt, for your incredible witness of faith. With your words of wisdom, you proved that you are a worthy recipient of the “Our Generation Award.” Finally, we get to see a celebrity who is not afraid to stand for God and encourage others to do the same.
Though Catholic-Link doesn’t know much about the beliefs of Chris Pratt, we have no problem endorsing what he said in this message to youth. (Ok, well, maybe the poop rule is a little odd, but…we think he’s trying to keep the audience paying attention to the truth bombs in this important message.)
1. “Breathe. If you don’t, you’ll suffocate.”
2. “You have a soul. Be careful with it.”
3. “Don’t be a turd. If you’re strong be a protector and if you’re smart be a humble influencer; strength and intelligence can be weapons and do not wield them against the weak. That makes you a bully. Be bigger than that.”
4. “When giving a dog medicine, put the medicine in a little piece of hamburger, they won’t even know they’re eating medicine.”
5. “Doesn’t matter what it is, earn it. A good deed, reach out to someone in pain, be of service, it feels good and it’s good for your soul.”
6. “God is real. God loves you. God wants the best for you. Believe that. I do.”
7. “If you have to poop at a party, but you’re embarrassed because you’re gonna stink up the bathroom, do what I do: lock the door, sit down, get all the pee out first. Okay? And then, once all the pee’s done, poop, flush, boom. You minimize the amount of time the poop is touching the air, because if you poop first, it takes you longer to pee and then you’re peeing on top of it, stirring it up, the poop particles create a cloud, it goes out and then everyone in the party will know that you pooped. Just trust me, it’s science.”
8. “Learn to pray. It’s easy, and it’s so good for your soul.”
9. “Nobody is perfect. People are going to tell you that you’re perfect just the way you are, you’re not. You are imperfect. You always will be. But there is a powerful force that designed you that way, and if you’re willing to accept that, you will have grace. And grace is a gift. And like the freedom that we enjoy in this country that grace was paid for with somebody else’s blood. Do not forget it. Don’t take it for granted.”
Did you enjoy this post? Please share it!
Broken link? Typo? Please let us know. We love your feedback!
Thanks, we will fix ASAP
You're signed up. Great to have you on board!