Aid to the Church in Need (ACN) is working to share the Gospel with children and families who are spending more time at home during the coronavirus pandemic.
They have recruited twenty-five bishops and several lay leaders from the UK to produce video read alouds of their children’s Bible. Each weekday a video is uploaded to ACN’s YouTube channel along with a reflection on the story by the reader. ACN’s website offers additional content that includes games, crafts, and workbooks.
Dr Caroline Hull, ACN UK’s community outreach manager, said: “ACN project partners around the world tell us that the Child’s Bible is in some cases the only book a child will ever own. The Child’s Bible project provides a fresh opportunity for youngsters to learn the story of our faith, to grow in their understanding of how God has spoken through the ages and have plenty of fun along the way with crafts, drama, puzzles and other challenges.”
They Pray The Rosary Too!
- Is Hell For Real?Related content: Do Our Souls Go Straight To Heaven Or Hell When We Die? Death, Judgment, Heaven & Hell: How Not To Ignore The Inevitable Who Goes to Heaven and Who Goes to Hell? St. Athenagora’s (177 A.D.) Did Early Christians Believe in Hell? St. Justin Martyr Responds The Rich Man, Lazarus, And The Hell […]
- Litany Of The Blessed Virgin Mary, Mother Of LifeThe demands on the lives of couples who practice natural family planning can seem very overwhelming at times. Every Catholic couple who is serious enough about their love for our Lord to follow the Church’s teaching on contraception understands this intimately. The roller coaster ride that NFP can be for some couples can create stress, […]
- 6 Social Graces Every Modern Gentleman Should KnowIdeals of gentlemanly behavior have undergone quite a revival lately – in articles, videos, and guidebooks, which continue to issue forth from the presses and Internet. Much of the advice is obvious. A gentleman should be respectful and courteous but also strong. He should know the basics of proper grooming, dress, table manners, and behavior […]
- What Is The Second Vatican Council? And, Why Did It Create Controversy?A New Ecumenical Council On January 25, 1959, Pope St. John XXIII took the world by surprise by calling a new ecumenical council of the universal Church. We now know this council as the Second Vatican Council (Vatican II), so called because it was held in Vatican City. An ecumenical council can be called and […]
- What Most People Don’t Understand About The Last RitesRelated content: What Is The Anointing Of The Sick? 4 Videos To Help Understand This Sacrament These 4 Videos About Death Will Help You Understand that Life is Short Why Won’t The Church Allow For Gluten-Free Hosts? Don’t They Care About People With Celiac’s? 15 Things People Who Don’t Understand Catholicism Love To Say What’s […]