Aid to the Church in Need (ACN) is working to share the Gospel with children and families who are spending more time at home during the coronavirus pandemic.
They have recruited twenty-five bishops and several lay leaders from the UK to produce video read alouds of their children’s Bible. Each weekday a video is uploaded to ACN’s YouTube channel along with a reflection on the story by the reader. ACN’s website offers additional content that includes games, crafts, and workbooks.
Dr Caroline Hull, ACN UK’s community outreach manager, said: “ACN project partners around the world tell us that the Child’s Bible is in some cases the only book a child will ever own. The Child’s Bible project provides a fresh opportunity for youngsters to learn the story of our faith, to grow in their understanding of how God has spoken through the ages and have plenty of fun along the way with crafts, drama, puzzles and other challenges.”
They Pray The Rosary Too!
- A College Student’s Guide To AdventAs I walked from the campus library to my dorm with my roommate, we discussed our plans for the weekend. It was a temperate December day in Southwest Florida at Ave Maria University. “Don’t forget!” My roommate reminded, “Advent begins this weekend. Let’s go to the 8:30 am Mass on Sunday.” I agreed but was… Read more: A College Student’s Guide To Advent
- The Gestation Of Advent: The Wait Of Hopeful Longing For The Coming Of The MessiahExpectant waiting. This is a notion– when considered through the lens of modernity– that seems like a foreign concept from the days of yore. The world is available at the slight extension of the fingertips. Objects of both necessity and desire can be purchased with the simplicity of a click and arrive at the doorstep… Read more: The Gestation Of Advent: The Wait Of Hopeful Longing For The Coming Of The Messiah
- What Creed Do You Live By? Be Dangerous & Make A Stand!The following is an excerpt from 12 Rules For Manliness | Where Have All the Cowboys Gone Be Dangerous – Make a Stand “Be on the alert, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.” 1 Cor 16:13 “There is no man more dangerous than one who does not doubt his own rightness.”… Read more: What Creed Do You Live By? Be Dangerous & Make A Stand!
- How To Celebrate Advent And Learn To Wait With KidsAdvent: the season most Catholics would like to honor more appropriately but find it difficult to do so with the commercial Christmas creeping in all around. But when we do celebrate Advent it is totally worth it— both for the value in the season in and of itself, but also in the way it affects… Read more: How To Celebrate Advent And Learn To Wait With Kids
- Catholic Music Spotlight: Advent Songs With Angelic VoicesYou could listen to Michael Bublé and Mariah Carey to get you in the Christmas spirit. That might get you into a hot cocoa and snow angels mood, but “All I Want for Christmas is You” won’t prepare you for the coming of the Lord, during the Advent season. An alternative to truly prepare for… Read more: Catholic Music Spotlight: Advent Songs With Angelic Voices