Women are constantly bombarded with the culture’s ideas of beauty, but what if we chose to learn from the saints instead? Click the links below to dig deeper into the stories of these women saints and discover true beauty and goodness.
5 Saints Who Demonstrate True Beauty
1. St. Brigid of Kildare – “When she learned that her beauty was the reason for the attentions of so many young men, she prayed fervently to God to take it from her.” (Catholic Online)
2. St. Lucy – It is said that St. Lucy was known for her beautiful eyes, but it is her zeal for the Lord that has made her a Saint.
3. St. Joan of Arc – “I am not afraid. I was born to do this.”
4. St. Germaine Cousin – St. Germaine was born with a deformed and paralyzed right hand and was also very weak and often ill. That did not stop her from glorifying God.
5. St. Agnes – “Christ has made my soul beautiful with the jewels of grace and virtue. I belong to Him Whom the Angels serve.”