What I Notice About My Wife
I am by no means a perfect husband. I have many faults and do not always show my wife how much I love her. Even when I do not mention the things I see, I do notice quite a bit. Here is what I notice.
I notice when my wife gets up early to be with the baby and lets me get a few more minutes of rest. I notice how hard she works to keep the house in good shape while also finding time to stimulate our child’s mind. I notice how much our baby loves her and wants to be near her. I notice every time she tells me to go to the gym or go spend time with my friends. I notice how tired she gets trying so hard to be a good wife and mother. I notice how beautiful she is even after another sleepless night of tending to the baby. I notice how she goes above and beyond in everything she does, motivated by love for me and our child.
Men, if you are anything like me, your wife is a saint.
How Can You Honor Such A Woman
The idea of honoring such an amazing woman seems like an impossible task. And to tell the truth, we can spend our whole lives trying to honor our wives. And we should try our best to do just that. Noticing what she does is great. Telling her how much you appreciate all she does is even better. But what can you do more practically this Mother’s Day or any day?
The following list is not exhaustive and they are just some starting ideas.
Ten Ways to Honor Your Catholic Wife
1) PRAY. Pray for your wife every day. If you do not already do so, pray WITH your wife today. Maybe pray a rosary with her and your family. It is a great habit to start.
2) BLESSING. As the father of the house, you are the priest of your domestic Church. Ask the blessing of God upon your wife before you leave your house. It is your number one job to get your wife to Heaven. Take it seriously.
3) MASS. Pray for your wife at Mass. When the priest offers the bread and wine, offer the intentions of your wife at Mass with all your heart, mind, soul, and strength.
4) LETTER. Write your wife a heartfelt letter telling her how much she means to you. If you do not normally communicate how you feel, this is a great opportunity.
5) MASSAGE. Give your wife a massage, no strings attached.
6) GIFT. Give her a thoughtful gift. Prove to her that you pay attention and know her. Click here for Catholic gift ideas!
7) FLOWERS. If you have a garden in your yard, spend some time pulling weeds. Make the
yard look beautiful. If you have statues in the garden, spend time cleaning them.
8) SLEEP. Get up earlier than your wife and make her breakfast. Take care of the kids. Let her get some extra sleep.
9) DINNER. Make dinner. Find a good recipe (practice it beforehand if you are not the normal family chef).
10) BE PRESENT. Just be with your wife. Every day try to find ways to show your love for her emotionally, physically, mentally, spiritually.
“Set me as a seal upon your heart, as a seal upon your arm; for love is strong as death… Many waters cannot quench love, neither can floods drown it. If a man offered for love all the wealth of his house, it would be utterly scorned(Song of Solomon 8:6-7).”
Image by StockSnap from Pixabay
More Catholic Resources For Mother’s Day
Catholic-Link’s Best Mother’s Day Posts
You’re Going To Want To Share This Song With Your Mom