I confess, I am a Catholic bookstore addict. My husband starts to get nervous anytime we are in the vicinity of one because he knows that without a doubt I will want to go in and do some shopping. I love all forms of Catholic media from books to movies. You can imagine my delight when I found out about FORMED.org – a new service similar to Netflix, but with all types of Catholic media!
Augustine Institute, Ignatius Press, and Word on Fire Ministries have teamed up to bring us FORMED. From the comfort of your own home, you can watch Catholic movies and presentations, listen to audio talks, and even read books. The selection includes many popular Catholic speakers and authors (Scott Hahn!) and a variety of materials for everyone in your family. My children love the resources available for the younger audience just as much as I love the content for adults.
We have recently started using both the Symbolon and Reborn series with our small group Bible study. Not only can you watch the video presentations, but study guides are also provided for small group discussion which makes facilitating a meeting convenient and easy. Currently, there are more than 2,300 parishes in the U.S. using FORMED for various ministries. Subscriptions can be purchased by individuals or by parishes.
Beloved is just one of many series available to watch at FORMED.org.
My 10 Favorite Resources Available at FORMED.org Right Now:
- Rome Sweet Home (Book by Dr. Scott Hahn)
- Divine Mercy in the Second Greatest Story Ever Told (Video Presentation with Fr. Michael Gaitley)
- Mother Teresa (acclaimed film in which Olivia Hussey illuminates the life story of Mother Teresa )
- Kristoph and the First Christmas Tree (a video production drawn from the family-friendly story written by children’s author Claudia Cangilla McAdam and illustrated by Dave Hill)
- That Awkward Moment When God Changed My Life (Audio Talk by Paul J. Kim)
- My Path to Heaven: A Young Person’s Guide to the Faith (Book by Geoffrey Bliss, S.J.)
- Beloved: Mystery & Meaning of Marriage (six inspiring and informative video sessions about the beauty of marriage)
- Be A Man “>! ( Book by Fr. Larry Richards)
- The True Meaning of Christmas ( Audio talk by Archbishop Fulton J. Sheen)
- Mary of Nazareth ( a motion picture on the life of Mary, mother of Christ, from her childhood through the Resurrection of Jesus)
If I were to purchase each one of these resources separately, it would total more than three hundred and sixty-five dollars! Rather than buying all of these resources separately, I am saving a significant amount of money with a subscription to FORMED.org. Because the content is always being updated, you and your family will have plenty of materials to keep you on track to make 2017 a year in which you grow in holiness and devotion to our Lord.
- 7 Things To Do To Distract Yourself When You’re Tempted To Break Your Lenten Fast
- A Vocation Story: On The Path of Love
- Why We All Need St. Jude Right Now
- Letters To Father Jacob | Catholic Movie Review
- An Examination Of Conscience Illustrated Guide