If you or someone you love is struggling with an addiction to pornography, know that you are not alone. The porn industry in the United States brings in more than 13 billion dollars each year. If you think Christians are immune to this epidemic, you’re wrong. According to Covenant Eyes, 64% of Christian men and 15% of Christian women say they watch porn at least once a month.
The Church is beginning to recognize the reality of this struggle. Create in Me A Clean Heart is a document created by the USCCB to help guide Catholics in ministering to those who are stuck in this type of addiction.
There are Saints who have gone before us that can help us in our difficulties. The following 7 Saints will be especially helpful to anyone who is in a battle for sexual purity.
7 Saints Who Will Help You Battle Pornography
- Pro-Life Strategy: Keep Focused, Stay On Target, Stick To The High RoadOn May 2, a friend texted me a news alert claiming that a leaked draft opinion from the Supreme Court showed that a majority of justices were prepared to overturn the infamous 1973 Roe v. Wade decision that created a national entitlement to abortion. I’ll admit that my first reaction was to roll my eyes […]
- The Importance Of The Theology Of Play For AdultsHave you ever noticed with amusement that when children are let loose in a big, empty field they will immediately start running around gleefully, inventing some game, playing tag, finding random sticks to use as swords—completely unprompted and with complete, joyous abandon. Where does that spontaneity, creative energy, and love for games go once we […]
- Thoughts And Prayers From The 13 Patron Saints Of World Youth Day Lisbon 2023World Youth Day will take place August 1-6, 2023 in Lisbon. The motto chosen from Luke 1:39, “Mary arose and went with haste,” is one that will speak to the hearts of the thousands of young people expected to join Pope Francis in prayer during this international faith gathering. Catholics are asked to begin interceding […]
- How To Throw A Baby Shower For The Blessed Mother: A Planning GuideCelebrate the Month of Mary Feast of the Annunciation by having a Baby Shower for the Blessed Virgin Mary! Invite the women you love to come over for an afternoon to honor and celebrate Mary and her Baby boy, Jesus! How To Host A Baby Shower For The Blessed Mother Here are some ideas to […]
- The Holy Souls In Purgatory – Our Allies In The AfterlifeThe word Purgatory comes from the Greek root πῦρ (“pur”) which means both “fire” and “pure.” This is a fitting description, as the fires of Purgatory, rather than destroying like the fires of Hell, instead purify. Purgatory is where we expiate for the pain due to mortal sins that have been forgiven through the sacrament […]