If you or someone you love is struggling with an addiction to pornography, know that you are not alone. The porn industry in the United States brings in more than 13 billion dollars each year. If you think Christians are immune to this epidemic, you’re wrong. According to Covenant Eyes, 64% of Christian men and 15% of Christian women say they watch porn at least once a month.
The Church is beginning to recognize the reality of this struggle. Create in Me A Clean Heart is a document created by the USCCB to help guide Catholics in ministering to those who are stuck in this type of addiction.
There are Saints who have gone before us that can help us in our difficulties. The following 7 Saints will be especially helpful to anyone who is in a battle for sexual purity.
7 Saints Who Will Help You Battle Pornography
- August Is Devoted To The Immaculate Heart Of Mary | Mark Your Calendar!Did you know that each month has a traditional Catholic devotion? This year, let’s focus on each devotion month-by-month to grow in our faith and traditions! Make yourself notes, write it on your calendar, and pray a specific prayer each day of the month to remember. You could use a prayer already associated with the […]
- 4 Reasons Not To Give Up On NFP When It Gets HardLet’s face it. As wonderful as the idea of Natural Family Planning (NFP) can sound, the reality for many couples can be far from that beautiful ideal. A common thread amongst frustrated couples trudging their way through the trenches of NFP is that the reality of following the Church teaching against contraception can be far […]
- 4 Olympic Athletes Who Ask The Blessed Mother For HelpBy now, you’ve probably been drawn into the competition, the passion, and the excitement of the Summer Olympics taking place in Toyko. The athletes are an inspiration to all as they give everything they have to the sport that they have spent many hours perfecting. Most of these men and women depend on trainers, coaches, […]
- 3 Ways To Grow In Chastity Before MarriageChaste dating is no walk in the park, but it is possible. We’ve been in relationships in the past that were unchaste and ended very badly. When we started courting, we didn’t want to repeat the same habits from our past relationships, so we had to do things differently. But even so, this was not […]
- 5 Women Saints Who Define True BeautyWomen are constantly bombarded with the culture’s ideas of beauty, but what if we chose to learn from the saints instead? Click the links below to dig deeper into the stories of these women saints and discover true beauty and goodness. 5 Saints Who Demonstrate True Beauty 1. St. Brigid of Kildare – “When she […]