If you or someone you love is struggling with an addiction to pornography, know that you are not alone. The porn industry in the United States brings in more than 13 billion dollars each year. If you think Christians are immune to this epidemic, you’re wrong. According to Covenant Eyes, 64% of Christian men and 15% of Christian women say they watch porn at least once a month.
The Church is beginning to recognize the reality of this struggle. Create in Me A Clean Heart is a document created by the USCCB to help guide Catholics in ministering to those who are stuck in this type of addiction.
There are Saints who have gone before us that can help us in our difficulties. The following 7 Saints will be especially helpful to anyone who is in a battle for sexual purity.
7 Saints Who Will Help You Battle Pornography
- Discernment Of Spirits And Mental Health: The 3 Spirits At Work In Our LivesI want to introduce two things to you- discernment of spirits as taught by St. Ignatius and Satan as the great accuser. St. Ignatius taught that there are three spirits at work in our lives. The first is the spirit of God. The idea is that we can tell which spirit is at work by the […]
- This Lent, Take A Deeper Journey Through The Story Of Salvation Salvation history has been called the most important story ever told—but even though it’s the most important, it’s surprising how few of us truly know it. Sure, we may recognize names like Abraham and Moses, David and Jesus. We may be able to pronounce locations like Canaan and Sinai, Judea and Galilee—maybe even Caesarea Philippi. Even so, […]
- 5 Things Even Devout Catholics Can Do To Go Deeper In DiscipleshipAs Catholics, we have a desire to know the Lord, to deepen our relationship with God. To somehow invite Jesus Christ, who pursues us each personally, into every part of our lives. I give you a new commandment: love one another. As I have loved you, so you also should love one another. This is […]
- “Dog Gone” Is Packed With Life Lessons911 Lone Star lead actor Rob Lowe stars in Netflix’s latest movie, Dog Gone. It’s one of the first feel-good movies of the year based on a true story of a father and son who search for a boy’s lost dog along the Appalachian Trail. Catholics will enjoy two saintly references in the film. In […]
- Who Taught Mother Teresa To Be A Person Of Virtue?Saint Teresa of Calcutta was known for spending countless hours attending to the dying, the sick, and the poor. This flowed from her rich prayer life: Daily Mass and a daily holy hour. Where did Mother Teresa learn to sacrifice herself for others? Her first teacher in virtue was none other than her mother, Dranafile […]