A young woman, a senior in high school, has become a mother. Rumors take flight; whispers abound. Loving, generous, humble… these precious words fail to appear on the tongues of many when speaking of this woman, as young as she is remarkable. Yes, this is a lesson in true beauty.
Is it invisible?
No, by no means. It is, however, above all, interior and manifests itself in only special moments: in a smile for another.
Forged in the fire of self-sacrifice, her heart was one disposed to welcome that of another. Perhaps she wasn’t looking for greatness, yet perhaps true greatness is knowing how to welcome what comes along with a generous and warm heart, more than something that we ourselves plan and aspire for. Maybe a key to greatness is learning to live according to plan that is not necessarily our own, perhaps God has different plans for our greatness?
What I find fascinating in this video are the aspects of beauty and happiness that seem to come alive in this “ordinary” woman in such an extraordinary way. It is in her love for her child, her love that arises and overflows as it gives life to a radiant smile.
You see, beauty doesn’t come from makeup, from photoshop, not even from genes (beauty in the deepest sense). It comes from a heart that has discovered its joy in the beauty of another. It is the beauty that not only shines but also changes; it transforms the world. It is the beauty of men and women and all those who have found their treasure in serving and giving themselves to others (see Mt 6:21).
Questions for Dialogue:
How would you react if you were in her situation? Do you too fall into making judgments without knowing the full story?
How do you conceive beauty and happiness? Where do you seek beauty and happiness in your life? Are you able to perceive the authentic beauty in a generous life, dedicated to others? Do you live in such a way?
My Beautiful Woman By Wacoal Thailand
- Is Hell For Real?Related content: Do Our Souls Go Straight To Heaven Or Hell When We Die? Death, Judgment, Heaven & Hell: How Not To Ignore The Inevitable Who Goes to Heaven and Who Goes to Hell? St. Athenagora’s (177 A.D.) Did Early Christians Believe in Hell? St. Justin Martyr Responds The Rich Man, Lazarus, And The Hell […]
- Litany Of The Blessed Virgin Mary, Mother Of LifeThe demands on the lives of couples who practice natural family planning can seem very overwhelming at times. Every Catholic couple who is serious enough about their love for our Lord to follow the Church’s teaching on contraception understands this intimately. The roller coaster ride that NFP can be for some couples can create stress, […]
- 6 Social Graces Every Modern Gentleman Should KnowIdeals of gentlemanly behavior have undergone quite a revival lately – in articles, videos, and guidebooks, which continue to issue forth from the presses and Internet. Much of the advice is obvious. A gentleman should be respectful and courteous but also strong. He should know the basics of proper grooming, dress, table manners, and behavior […]
- What Is The Second Vatican Council? And, Why Did It Create Controversy?A New Ecumenical Council On January 25, 1959, Pope St. John XXIII took the world by surprise by calling a new ecumenical council of the universal Church. We now know this council as the Second Vatican Council (Vatican II), so called because it was held in Vatican City. An ecumenical council can be called and […]
- What Most People Don’t Understand About The Last RitesRelated content: What Is The Anointing Of The Sick? 4 Videos To Help Understand This Sacrament These 4 Videos About Death Will Help You Understand that Life is Short Why Won’t The Church Allow For Gluten-Free Hosts? Don’t They Care About People With Celiac’s? 15 Things People Who Don’t Understand Catholicism Love To Say What’s […]