This week on the podcast we talk about the Gifts given to us by the Holy Spirit and how we can identify and use them during this difficult time. We also talk about the Peace Christ gives us in the upper room to anticipate all of these gifts and be able to work as one. We are called to live in the peace of Christ, and from this place of peace the gifts we are given can bear fruit.
Liturgy Live can now be found on iTunes, iheart, Stitcher, Podbean, Google Podcasts, and our dedicated Breadbox Media app, as well as YouTube! Follow us on Twitter @LiturgyLive. Join the conversation live on Mondays at 3pm EST on our Catholic Link English Facebook page.
- Comedian Jim Gaffigan Hilariously Shares About His Favorite Marian ApparitionWe can guarantee you’ve never heard the story of this Marian apparition quite like Jim Gaffigan shares it. The entire clip is great, but if you want to jump to this part start at the 4:15 minute mark. Take a listen and enjoy! Jim Gaffigan’s Favorite Marian Apparition Juan Diego‘s uncle did not go on… Read more: Comedian Jim Gaffigan Hilariously Shares About His Favorite Marian Apparition
- Apple+’s Spirited Is All About Conversion2023 saw a musical release of the Nativity Story, which I critiqued in a previous review. A different musical, Spirited, released on Apple+, and was enjoyed by audiences in 2022. I recently had the opportunity to reflect about the musical and enjoy it on a dark and cold autumn night. The musical movie is a… Read more: Apple+’s Spirited Is All About Conversion
- Dear Coach…| A Letter To Catholic Youth CoachesI hope this finds you well. Before we get into the particulars, please allow me to take a brief moment to simply affirm you … right here, right now. Thank you for stepping up to coach. It often goes unrecognized but to coach means to make a decision: to lead others, to foster relationships, to… Read more: Dear Coach…| A Letter To Catholic Youth Coaches
- A College Student’s Guide To AdventAs I walked from the campus library to my dorm with my roommate, we discussed our plans for the weekend. It was a temperate December day in Southwest Florida at Ave Maria University. “Don’t forget!” My roommate reminded, “Advent begins this weekend. Let’s go to the 8:30 am Mass on Sunday.” I agreed but was… Read more: A College Student’s Guide To Advent
- The Gestation Of Advent: The Wait Of Hopeful Longing For The Coming Of The MessiahExpectant waiting. This is a notion– when considered through the lens of modernity– that seems like a foreign concept from the days of yore. The world is available at the slight extension of the fingertips. Objects of both necessity and desire can be purchased with the simplicity of a click and arrive at the doorstep… Read more: The Gestation Of Advent: The Wait Of Hopeful Longing For The Coming Of The Messiah