What is the spiritual gift of prophecy? Are you a prophet? If you have already started to build up walls and cringe a little at this idea, check out this video by Drew and Katie Taylor:
The Gift Of Prophecy: Letting The Holy Spirit Speak Through You
Pentecost brings us the Holy Spirit, and like the disciples, transforms us from fear to confidence to proclaim the truth and love of Jesus. This Pentecost, allow the Holy Spirit to speak through you because our world desperately needs to hear God’s voice.
Remember, the power of the Holy Spirit is within us, offering his gifts and fruits through our Baptism and Confirmation. But we need to learn how to allow Him to speak through us. Ultimately, the advocate is who we want to proclaim and teach, not us, so let’s invite God to speak through us!
1. How does the definition that “Those who prophesy speak to other people for their upbuilding and encouragement and consolation” (1 Cor 14:3) change the way you look at the gift of prophecy?
2. When have you spoken to others for upbuilding, encouragement, and consolation that has allowed the Holy Spirit to speak through you?
3. Where and how has God used others to speak to you?
4. Dr. Mary Healy of the Augustine Institute discusses, “Without the gift of prophecy your words do not affect, no ability to change others. We can’t form our children, evangelize or spiritually lead others with effect.” Do you believe that prophecy is required to change others effectively? Why or why not?
5. Read Mark 13:11, “When they lead you away and hand you over, do not worry beforehand about what you are to say. But say whatever will be given to you at that hour. For it will not be you who are speaking but the Holy Spirit.” How does this truth give you the confidence to speak about the faith?
Let us pray together, “Come, Holy Spirit. Be the one who speaks through me. Give me the words to lead others to your Divine Mercy.”
More Resources On The Holy Spirit