God come to my assistance, Lord make haste to help me. As I enter into prayer today, I will take a moment to acknowledge where I am in my physical and emotional space. I offer any suffering to Jesus through Mary’s Immaculate Heart. Lord come into my heart and mind and guide me through these meditations. Heal what needs to be healed and bring the light of your love into this moment. Amen.
When the time arrived for Elizabeth to have her child
she gave birth to a son.
Her neighbors and relatives heard
that the Lord had shown his great mercy toward her,
and they rejoiced with her.
When they came on the eighth day to circumcise the child,
they were going to call him Zechariah after his father,
but his mother said in reply,
“No. He will be called John.”
But they answered her,
“There is no one among your relatives who has this name.”
So they made signs, asking his father what he wished him to be called.
He asked for a tablet and wrote, “John is his name,”
and all were amazed.
Immediately his mouth was opened, his tongue freed,
and he spoke blessing God.
Then fear came upon all their neighbors,
and all these matters were discussed
throughout the hill country of Judea.
All who heard these things took them to heart, saying,
“What, then, will this child be?”
For surely the hand of the Lord was with him.
3 Meditations Experience/Scripture
1. Meditation on Experience: Do you identify with your job and career and the things of this world? What do you base your identity off of?
Meditation on Scripture: “All who heard these things took them to heart, saying, ‘What, then, will this child be?’ For surely the hand of the Lord was with him.”
2. Meditation on Experience: Consider that your true identity is to be an other-Christ. Meditate on how to be Alter Christus.
Meditation on Scripture: He asked for a tablet and wrote, “John is his name,” and all were amazed. Immediately his mouth was opened, his tongue freed,and he spoke blessing God.
3. Meditation on Experience: What do you need to let go of in this world to be more Christ like?
Meditation on Scripture: “No. He will be called John.” But they answered her,“There is no one among your relatives who has this name.”
Glory Be to the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit,
–Thank you Lord for the grace of this time together.
Through the intercession of our Blessed Mother, ever Virgin,
–hear my prayer, O Lord.
United with the prayers of All of the Angels and Saints.
–transfigure my life, O Lord.
Take, Lord, and receive all my liberty,
my memory, my understanding,
and my entire will,
All I have and call my own.
You have given all to me.
To you, Lord, I return it.
Everything is yours; do with it what you will.
Give me only your love and your grace,
that is enough for me.
Lord grant me the grace needed to fulfill your will for my life and overcome all obstacles that are placed in my path.
Our Father +Hail Mary
Post Meditation reflection.
How was your meditations and prayer time?
Was it Dry. Was there consolation?
Do you need to talk further about your experience in prayer?
Do you have any questions?
- What Was Said At The National Catholic Prayer Breakfast In Washington, DC?
- 5 Ways For Catholic Teachers To Prepare For The School Year
- What You Shouldn’t Say When A Friend Miscarries…And What You Should
- “I’m Not Pro-Murdering Babies”: A Catholic Response And Resources
- No Drums? No Guitars? Why The Organ Is The Catholic Church’s Favorite