Today, the Feast of the Annunciation, we are celebrating Mary, celebrating her yes, that yes which opened the world to our Savior. Today is a great day because She has taught us that by the cooperation of a person the doors of heaven have been opened to all mankind. Today we can marvel at the mystery of God who wanted to become a man in the womb of Mary in order to grant us life.
For this reason, we want to ask our Mother for her help so that we may share her attitudes and dispositions and thus receive the mystery of God into our lives. By her intercession and our cooperation may we become increasingly capable of loving as she loved.
7 Attitudes The Virgin Mary Teaches Us On The Feast Of The Annunciation
- Mary shows us Interior Silence
Mary is overwhelmed by the visit of the angel, but she is able to receive and understand the message that he communicates to her because of the deep silence that fills her interior. She is used to meditating on the words of the Lord, she is used to Divine language, and she grasps it with deep meditation. Let us learn from Mary to have that interior silence that allows us to be in tune with the Lord even in the midst of our daily activities.
2. Mary models Careful Listening
Mary listens reverently to the angel. She is not thinking about herself or what she has to do or what things she will have to let go of in order to be the Mother of Jesus. She listens and allows herself be touched by the words of the angel Gabriel as she meditates on them in her heart. Let us learn from Mary to listen to God in silence and in the midst of the circumstances of our life. Let us ask Him to help us keep our hearts open to His word.
3. Mary shows us how to Receive the Word
After listening to Gabriel’s words, Mary welcomes them. Words bear fruit within you and take root in your heart when you allow them to do so. Let us learn from Mary to have a humble acceptance of God’s Plan in our life. May she teach us to accept Divine designs with love and not want another for our lives.
4. Mary models how to Wonder
Mary to wonders about the deep meaning of the words of the Messenger of God at the time of the Annunciation: “How will this be, since I do not know a man?” Her question is not the result of doubt, but the result of a desire for greater light in order to discover the depth of God’s mission. Her desire is to respond with greater fidelity and generosity. Let us learn from Mary to have a restless heart that does not rest until we give glory to God with our life.
5. Mary shows us how to be Open To God’s Plan
Mary is totally open to do what God asks of her. This attitude is that of a heart that has been educated to say yes to every little thing, a heart that has been educated to think first of others rather than of itself. Let us learn from Mary to have that openness, that unmeasured generosity that gives herself completely and out of love for God and others.
6. Mary models Trust In God And His Promises
Since she was a child, Mary has meditated on the promises of God to the people of Israel. She knows them and knows that He has always been faithful despite the weakness of the people. Her confidence is not blind, it is based on the actions of God. She has allowed Him to be the center of her life and she has opened herself to his love. In these promises are the hopes and struggles of a people that, although fragile, have believed in God. Let us learn from Mary to trust that God always keeps His promises. He will never abandon us because He is infinitely good and faithful.
7. Mary shows us Courage
Mary does not shrink from the exceptionally great mission that the angel Gabriel announces to her. She is afraid, yes, but she boldly sets out to fulfill God’s Plan. Although she is just a teenager, she deeply trusts in the grace of God that magnifies her small efforts and is capable of recognizing the value of her yes, the value that God gives to the free surrender of our humanity. Let us learn from Mary to trust that God can do great things with our littleness when we give ourselves totally to Him.
- 6 Social Graces Every Modern Gentleman Should KnowIdeals of gentlemanly behavior have undergone quite a revival lately – in articles, videos, and guidebooks, which continue to issue forth from the presses and Internet. Much of the advice is obvious. A gentleman should be respectful and courteous but also strong. He should know the basics of proper grooming, dress, table manners, and behavior […]
- What Is The Second Vatican Council? And, Why Did It Create Controversy?A New Ecumenical Council On January 25, 1959, Pope St. John XXIII took the world by surprise by calling a new ecumenical council of the universal Church. We now know this council as the Second Vatican Council (Vatican II), so called because it was held in Vatican City. An ecumenical council can be called and […]
- What Most People Don’t Understand About The Last RitesRelated content: What Is The Anointing Of The Sick? 4 Videos To Help Understand This Sacrament These 4 Videos About Death Will Help You Understand that Life is Short Why Won’t The Church Allow For Gluten-Free Hosts? Don’t They Care About People With Celiac’s? 15 Things People Who Don’t Understand Catholicism Love To Say What’s […]
- What You Need To Know About Private RevelationsRelated content: 2 Startling Revelations In The Our Father You’ve Probably Overlooked For Years! When You Pray, You Have A Private Meeting With The Creator Of The Universe An Answer To The Most Asked Question In Human History 13th of the Month: What You Need To Know About Gaining a Fatima Indulgence Mass Is Always […]
- An Inside Look At How The Knights Of The Holy Eucharist Encourage Individual SpiritualityRelated content: Old Guys In Funny Outfits? NO! The Righteous Origins & Mission Of The Knights Of Columbus This Order Founded By Mother Angelica Is Calling Young Men To Become Saints That Time St. Clare Defeated An Army With the Holy Eucharist 4 Saints Of The Holy Eucharist How To Encourage Your Child’s Religious Vocation? […]