Blackstone Films has produced an incredibly accurate and insightful video examining the way Catholics think about and live out the vocation of marriage.
Warning – the content will be personally challenging and thought-provoking.
“By reason of their state in life and of their order, [Christian spouses] have their own special gifts in the People of God.”147 This grace proper to the sacrament of Matrimony is intended to perfect the couple’s love and to strengthen their indissoluble unity. By this grace they “help one another to attain holiness in their married life and in welcoming and educating their children.” – Catechism of the Catholic Church 1614
Watch this short video with your apostolate to spark conversations that can lead to a better understanding of how Catholics can be witnesses of Christ’s love through marriage. This is the starting place we need in order to begin addressing the other issues that are threatening to destroy God’s design and plan for marriage and family.
1) What did you find challenging about the video?
2) Do you agree with the statements made?
3) How can Catholics become better educated on the vocation of marriage?
4) What were some of the practical ideas given that will help us become living witnesses of the value of marriage?
What is the Challenge?
Annulments, some say it’s just “Catholic divorce.” Others believe that if you simply pay enough, the Church will “say” you were never married. But what is the truth? What, really, are annulments in the Catholic Church? What do they do? What’s the process? What did Pope Francis do a year or so ago that changed the process? And what effect does it have in my life?
What is the Online Workshop About?
In the Online Workshop we’re going to be discussing what for many people is a confusing topic: Marriage annulments. These are the points that Fr Bateman will explain:
• The Marriage bond – how it is contracted and what is required • What an annulment really says and does • Why the Church can “annul” non-Catholic marriages • What an annulment DOESN’T do • How the process works • How Pope Francis altered the process • Then we’ll have some time for your questions
There’s a lot of talk these days about the definition of marriage and what the Catholic Church teaches on marriage.
Married Saints? In some cases, both spouses have been named Saints by the Church! If you find it difficult to make time for God in your marriage, they will
This is a must read for those living the single life. 1) Marriage Gets Worse Before It Gets Better 2) Pre-marital Abstinence isn’t a Fail-Safe Deposit for a Joyful Marriage
Did you enjoy this post? Please share it!
If you've spotted any spelling or typographical errors, please let us know.
Thanks, we will fix ASAP
You're signed up. Great to have you on board!