Online Conference: 6 Ways to Draw Closer to God this Lent- Pray40Days
The greatest adventure we have in life is learning to pray. Pope Emeritus Benedict XVI, the former Cardinal Ratzinger, said that the entire purpose for Jesus coming into the world was to show us God the Father (Ratzinger Report).
What’s the Challenge?
What if I told you right now that, in these next 40 days, your prayer life could be set on fire? What if I told you that within our own Catholic faith tradition, we have all the tools that can allow us to receive the Holy Spirit and experience God the Father as a tender, caring, deeply personal presence in our lives? What if Jesus were actually real to YOU? What if the Holy Spirit was not just some abstract idea, but a real personal force of inspiration, presence, and overwhelming joy in your life? Sounds pretty amazing, doesn’t it? Welcome to Pray40Days.
Whether you are a beginner in prayer, want to grow in your prayer life, or have a very advanced prayer life, the exercises in Pray40Days will help you experience God, “for real.”
What’s the Conference About?
Fr. Michael Denk will be introducing his program of Pray40Days. The purpose of Pray40Days (with corresponding App and online resources) is to help you grow in your prayer life so that you will come to know God the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit in a deep, personal, and profound way. It is written especially for people who want to grow in their prayer life but just don’t know how. It is also for people who don’t even know they want to grow, but will soon discover how much deeper they can really go! Pray40Days will guide you through different types of prayer that will immerse you in the life of Christ, fill you with the Holy Spirit, and allow you to be held and loved by the Father. By the end of Pray40Days, you will come to love spending time with God and look forward to the wonder that awaits you every time you enter into this quality time with God who loves you more than anyone else ever could.
In the Church’s tradition there is a hierarchy of prayer: Vocal Prayer, Meditative Prayer, and Contemplative Prayer. Most Catholics have never grown past the Vocal Prayer. In this presentation the viewers will learn how to pray meditatively and contemplatively. They will learn the most effective ways to build the habit of the daily routine of prayer and also have access to the resources the church always offered through the Mystics now in a concrete, doable, and accessible way. Many people who experience this for the first time say: “Wow, I’ve never experienced anything like that before.” With tears in their eyes they will say: “I felt like Jesus was right there with me.” Even children have said: “For the first time in my life there was no stress… I felt like I was floating being held by God.” You too will be guided through six different types of meditation and contemplation during this webinar: Praying with Your Imagination, Praying with Your Senses, Lectio Divino, Contemplative Prayer, Dialoguing with God “Praying Like a Pirate: ARRR”, and Relaxing with Scripture.
Who is Fr. Michael Denk?
Fr. Michael Denk is a priest of the Diocese of Cleveland and the Founder of The Prodigal Father Productions. Not only receiving a Master of Divinity, he passed “With Honors” receiving a Master of Arts: “Christology in the Mystics: Coming to Know, Love, and Serve Christ Through St. John the Evangelist, St. Teresa of Avila, and St. Ignatius of Loyola”.
Here is the introduction video:
What will you receive?
- Conference: You will participate in a live, online conference (or “Webinar”) with Fr. Michael Denk.
- Questions and Answers: after the presentation, Fr. Denk will respond to any questions that might have come to mind during the conference.
- Additional Material: during the days leading up to the conference, we will be sending you a series of spiritual resources (texts, videos, book extracts, etc.) that can help you to prepare for the conference.
- Recording: A few days after the conference, you will receive by email a link to a recorded version. This way you can go back to anything that you missed or would like to review. Also, if for some reason you weren’t able to make it to the conference, no worries. You can see it when it’s most convenient for you.
- Video response to written questions: This is something new! Sometimes the time for questions and answers isn’t enough. Or, maybe a question or a doubt came to mind after the conference had already finished. As a participant, you can send an email to the speaker and he or she will respond with a final video.
The conference time for each city:
To see what time the conference is where you live, click HERE. In any case, remember that the conference will be held on Saturday, February 25, 2017: 10 AM in Los Angeles, 1 PM in New York, 2 AM in the Philippines (26th).
- Pacific Time Zone: 10:00 AM
- Mountain Time Zone: 11:00 AM
- Central Time Zone: 12:00 PM
- Eastern Time Zone: 1:00 PM
- Central European Time Zone: 7:00 PM
- Philippine Time Zone: 2:00 AM (26th)
You can also take a look at a live countdown by clicking here.
**REMEMBER that if for some reason you are not able to make it, we will be emailing you a link to the recorded version after the conference.
How to participate?
If you would like to participate, all you have to do is make a voluntary donation. Immediately afterward, you will receive detailed information explaining how to sign up for the Online Conference. Any donation amount is acceptable! ($3 minimum is required for transaction.) This money will go to covering the costs of our websites and to maintaining our evangelization projects such as the series: “A Minute with Pope Francis”.
Finally remember that in addition to free coupons for Catholic Business and monthly giveaways, Catholic-Link Benefactors receive FREE access to our monthly Online Conferences. If you would like to become a Catholic-Link Benefactor and support us with a monthly donation, you may do so HERE.